Buy Wholesale Myrcene Isolate
Myrcene is one of the most common terpenes in hemp and cannabis plants, as well as fruits and herbs. You will probably recognize it by its earthy and sweet smell.
- Chemical composition: Myrcene is formally classified as a monoterpene with the chemical formula C10H16.
- Info: Well-known for its sedating effects, myrcene is one of the most abundant terpenes in a majority of hemp strains. This terpene is found in especially high quantities in all indica strains of cannabis plants, which is probably why indicas are more often associated with relaxation and “couchlock” compared with sativas. Outside of the hemp kingdom, it can be found in fruits like mangoes and herbs like hops and lemongrass. Due to its sedating effects, doctors are hopeful myrcene could be helpful for people with sleeping disorders, panic attacks, and anxiety. This terpene has a vaporizing temperature of just over 330°F.
- Aroma: Oftentimes people use the word “earthy” to describe the smell and taste of myrcene. It’s also common for users to pick up the sweet notes of a tropical fruit, which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering its relation to mangoes. Also, due to its relation to hops, beer lovers might even get a whiff of their favorite brew when picking up a myrcene-heavy hemp strain.
- Effects: Most of the current research into this chemical’s medicinal potential is focused on its sedating effects. A few studies on rats suggest it could be an effective therapy for insomnia patients, but more research is needed on this issue. Although sedation is the most studied effect of myrcene, some researchers believe this terpene also has potent anti-inflammatory compounds. However, as with all terpenes, more research is needed to determine its actual benefits on humans.
- Popular hemp strains with high content: Cannatonic, Harlequin, Remedy
- Also found in: Pure Kush, White Widow