- Pure Terpene Isolate
- Guaranteed 78.5% Purity Minimum
- Best Pricing Online Guaranteed!
Certificate of Analysis
Myrcene is one of the most common terpenes in hemp and cannabis plants, as well as fruits and herbs. You will probably recognize it by its earthy and sweet smell.
- Chemical composition: Myrcene is formally classified as a monoterpene with the chemical formula C10H16.
- Info: Well-known for its sedating effects, myrcene is one of the most abundant terpenes in a majority of hemp strains. This terpene is found in especially high quantities in all indica strains of cannabis plants, which is probably why indicas are more often associated with relaxation and “couchlock” compared with sativas. Outside of the hemp kingdom, it can be found in fruits like mangoes and herbs like hops and lemongrass.
- Aroma: Oftentimes people use the word “earthy” to describe the smell and taste of myrcene. It’s also common for users to pick up the sweet notes of a tropical fruit, which shouldn’t come as a surprise considering its relation to mangoes. Also, due to its relation to hops, beer lovers might even get a whiff of their favorite brew when picking up a myrcene-heavy hemp strain.
- Popular hemp strains with high content: Cannatonic, Harlequin, Remedy
- Also found in: Pure Kush, White Widow