Buy Wholesale Limonene Isolate
Limonene is among the most abundant terpenes in nature. It gives us the characteristic smell of all citrus fruits, while in the hemp world, it is associated with uplifting strains. According to scientists, this compound might have a positive effect in enhancing the effects of serotonin that is naturally produced in our brains. Of course, more research is needed to confirm any definite findings. However, there is no denying that this terpene is among the best smelling!
- Chemical composition: The monoterpene limonene has a molecular formula of C10H16.
- Info: Found in all citrus fruits, limonene is a common terpene in many popular strains of hemp. Unlike myrcene-heavy strains, varieties of hemp with that compound are often associated with uplifting and energizing qualities. This “uplifting” quality of the sour limonene terpene could play a crucial role in helping people suffering from chronic low-energy. It appears limonene works directly on the brain’s serotonin pathways to naturally promote a sense of wellbeing. This terpene’s vaporizing temperature is just under 350°F.
- Aroma: With a name like limonene, you’d better believe this terpene smells like…well, lemons! In reality, this compound is present in all citrus fruits, so it’s possible to pick up a complex mix of scents from oranges, limes, and even grapefruits. Scientists have even discovered its traces in herbs such as thyme and peppermint.
- Effects: Many people claim the terpene limonene has a brightening effect on the mind and body. For this reason, many researchers are interested in its potential to help people with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and depression. Other mental disorders that could potentially benefit from this compound include obsessive-compulsive disorder, attention deficit disorder, and generalized anxiety. More research is needed on the health effects of this terpene.
- Popular hemp strains with high content: Cannatonic, Dancehall
- Also found in: Super Lemon Haze, Sour Diesel, OG Kush, Lemon Skunk