Buy Wholesale Humulene Isolate
Humulene is one of the most abundant terpenes in hemp and other herbs.
- Chemical Structure: The terpene humulene is most often used and studied in its alpha-humulene form. The chemical structure of this isomer is C15H24.
- Taste: Earthy, floral, and “hoppy.” Beer drinkers will instantly recognize the scent of humulene, which is a key component in hops. Besides every beer lover’s favorite plant, this terpene is present in pungent herbs & spices like cloves, coriander and basil.
Most cannabis strains with humulene also tend to have a bit of spice to them. These spicy notes, however, are usually due to the presence of another terpene called beta-caryophyllene. Commonly found in cannabis strains with high amounts of this compound, beta-caryophyllene is a naturally occurring terpene that’s very common in all varieties of peppers.
- Effects: Most of the scientists who research this terpene are interested in its alleged pain-relieving qualities. Although humulene is believed to possess anti-inflammatory properties on its own, these effects are enhanced by the presence of beta-caryophyllene. Interestingly, beta-caryophyllene is the only terpene that has been shown in scientific studies to directly interact with the brain’s CB2 receptors.
This suggests beta-caryophyllene has a direct effect on a user’s physiology. Humulene and beta-caryophyllene might work synergistically to create a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. In addition to its anti-inflammatory potential, humulene might also have anti-cancer properties when paired with other terpenes. Keep in mind, however, that research into the cancer-fighting potential of terpenes is still only in its beginning stages. Lastly, this terpene might have a slightly sedating effect on users, which could potentially make it a useful addition to the treatment of sleep disorders like insomnia. It should come as no surprise that a terpene so closely associated with beer would interest sleep researchers! This terpene is known to vaporize at about 222°F.
- Hemp Strains: Canna Tsu, ACDC, and Granddaddy Purple
- Other Strains: Original Glue, Thin Mint GSC, and Headband