Buy Wholesale Beta-Pinene
Alpha and beta pinene are quite similar compounds, that deliver a quite different experience in both flavor and aroma. Research on these two terpenes suggests that the entourage effect they product might act beneficially to the user. Of course, all of these claims must be taken with a grain of salt, as research is still inconclusive.
- Chemical Structure: Both alpha-pinene and b-pinene are woodsy terpenes officially classified as isomers. Although alpha-pinene is the more common of the two, b-pinene has a very similar structure with a chemical formula of C10H16.
- Aroma: Woodsy, herby, and earthy. Unlike alpha-pinene, b-pinene has a more subdued aroma that’s more closely associated with Mediterranean herbs than pine trees. Two of the most popular herbs that have traces of beta-pinene include dill and basil.
- Effects: Since alpha-pinene occurs more frequently in nature than beta-pinene, most scientific research into pinene’s effects has focused on this dominant isomer. B-pinene, however, appears to have the same physiological effects alpha-pinene has on the body. Some studies even suggest beta-pinene could work synergistically with alpha-pinene in what’s referred to as the “entourage effect.” These supposed benefits might include improved cognition, gastrointestinal healing, and relief from respiratory issues. Researchers are particularly interested in pinene’s effect on the brain.
A few scientists suggest b-pinene could significantly help people who are struggling with memory and/or attention-deficit related disorders. It’s unclear how pinene helps with these cognitive issues, but the terpene might favorably interact with certain neurotransmitters. Other researchers have looked into pinene’s effects on allergy sufferers and asthmatics. Patients who are struggling with digestive disorders ranging from peptic ulcers to pancreatitis might also benefit from pinene. Of course, more research is needed to better understand b-pinene’s effects on all of these issues. The boiling point for beta-pinene hovers around 330°F.
- Hemp Strains With B-Pinene: Harlequin, Ringo’s Gift, and Remedy
- Other Strains: Trainwreck, Bubba Kush, and Jack Herer